Dr. Eithan Y. Kidron
Dr. Eithan Y. Kidron is a partner in Meitar Law Firm, Israel’s largest and leading international law firm. Eithan is a member of the Litigation Group in Meitar and an expert in “white-collar” criminal law and economic regulation. Eithan represents and advises corporations and officers in criminal and administrative procedures in various financial regulation areas. In addition, he represents and advises in international matters, including extradition matters, and assists with cross-border litigation in foreign courts.
Eithan is a member of the Legislative Committee (Criminal) of the Israel Bar Association. In this context, he participates in Israel’s most influential forums on criminal law.
Eithan is a lecturer and researcher at the Tel Aviv University Faculty of Law. Eithan holds a Ph.D. titled “Punitive Ambiguity: Rethinking the Limit between Criminal and Administrative Enforcement of Securities Laws Violations”. He teaches the course “Enforcement and Compliance in Corporation.” Previously, he taught the courses “Criminal law”, and “Criminal Law and Economic Regulation.” In addition, Eithan conducts studies in his fields of expertise and publishes articles in leading academic journals, including:
• “Exemption from Criminal Liability in the Organ Market” Law Studies Law Review (2015) (won “Law Studies” prize for best article);
• “Systemic Forum Selection Ambiguity in Financial Regulation” American Criminal Law Review (2016);
• “Understanding Administrative Sanctioning as Corrective Justice” Journal of Law and Reform (2017);
• “Moral Turpitude as Administrative Enforcement – The Doctrine of Limited Bar” Mishpatim Law Review (2020);
• “Punish a Corporation that is Guilty – Review of the Criminal Responsibility of the Corporation” Hapraklit Law Review (expected to be published 2023).